CASE STUDY: Helping declutter and clear out an ex-partner’s home ready for sale
The Home Straight was contacted by the client, who lived in the South of England to assist with clearing out her deceased ex-partner’s home.
The house, in Fife, had been neglected for 7 years and the partner was not physically able to undertake the clearing out on her own and had no other family to help her.
“A great burden lifted, made much easier with your help and understanding, gold star service”
The Home Straight team:
- Helped her sort through all furniture and household items, assisting in the decision and labelling of what to keep, sell, recycle and dispose of
- Bagged up and arranged for collection of items being recycled to charity or disposed of
- Helped to archive business papers and arrange shredding as required
- Identified and scheduled a removals company to quote for the items returning to England with the client
- Organised the removal of unwanted items to the recycling centre and charity shops
- Liaised with the estate agent about organising the sale of the property
As a result of help from The Home Straight, the client:
- Experienced reduced stress and worry associated with managing the disposal of her ex-partners belongings, the difficulty of long distance moving and the disposal of what had been a joint home
- Had help to problem solve where necessary
- Had access to a reliable, cost effective service near the location of the property